Months before I went to El Nido Palawan, I already booked and confirmed my hotel accommodation. I made my booking a week after I purchased my promo tickets. I was lucky because according to Agoda, Dormitels PH was 50% off at that time. So I got my fan room for only 550 pesos a day or about 11 USD.
Things I Considered:
- Price of course! I’m a budget traveler and I can’t afford fancy hotels. Another thing is I won’t be visiting El Nido to stay inside a hotel room. I was going because I wanted to try the island hopping tour and visit Nacpan and see the stellar islands.
- Customer reviews. To be honest, the reviews for Dormitels PH are not really impressive. I saw on Tripadvisor that guests are complaining about the bad smell or dirty floors. But I still chose it because I saw the photos and it didn’t look bad for 550 pesos price.
- Own comfort room. This is important because I didn’t want to share CR with strangers or other guests.
- Proximity to El Nido main beach. You can walk from Corong Corong, where Dormitels PH is located, to El Nido town proper. You can also take a trike ride for 50 pesos.
Photos of Dormitels PH El Nido
Advantages of Choosing Dormitels PH
- Affordable. It’s not that pricey compared to other accommodation options. For a not-so-expensive amount, I was able to stay in a decent fan room. For me it’s not bad at all.
- Polite staff. They smile but not too friendly. I like that they are not OA (over acting) with friendliness. I’m an introvert and it makes me uncomfortable if somebody is too nice to me for no reason.
- Reception desk is open until dawn. I arrived at 1:00 AM and I was worried that they are already closed. But thankfully there was someone to receive me so I didn’t have to wait until 6:00 AM.
- Quick response to issues. On my first day something went wrong with the faucet. I reported it to admin and immediately they fixed it.
- Near Corong Corong Beach. The scenery is nice early in the morning and late afternoon during sunset.
- Quiet place. I heard the usual sound of rooster and some guests passing by my room. But that’s just it. I don’t mind about those little noises.
- There is a nice restaurant in Corong Corong Beach where reggae music is played at night.
Disadvantages of Choosing Dormitels PH
- The floor is not too clean so I had to wear slippers. But I will still wear slippers even if it were clean.
- I had to ride a trike to El Nido town proper. That’s additional cost on my part. But if I think about it, Corong Corong Beach is worth the extra 400 pesos I spent for trike rides.
Here is a short video of the actual room where I stayed:
Will I recommend Dormitels PH El Nido?
Yeah sure. If you’re looking for a decent place to stay in El Nido but you don’t want to pay a hefty price, this hotel is a good option. The highlight of staying there would be Corong Corong Beach and its spectacular sunset. I also love the nice restaurant by the beach. I don’t know its name. My bad. When I visited last April 2-3, there are a number of structures being built. Soon there will be more options for accommodation in El Nido. The prices are said to go up, too.